Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Frozen Broccoli, What to do?

I have a ton of food in my freezer that I am trying to use before buying more stuff, so I decided to do something with frozen broccoli. This was the first vegetable I saw in the freezer.  I have never been a big fan of broccoli but will eat it if cooked or steamed.  I cannot eat it raw because I get choked.

So I thought how can I cook this broccoli in a short amount of time, I was hungry, and make it taste good.  I put some frozen broccoli, chicken stock, dab of milk, and shredded cheese in a pyrex dish and tossed it into the oven.  Next thing I know, I have a really good flavor to the broccoli.  I almost felt like I was eating macaroni and cheese, which is a major bonus for me.  Some of you maybe already cook it this way, but adding the chicken stock gave it amazing flavor.  So I say bravo to me for using the food in my freezer and figuring out an easy cooking method for broccoli.



The broccoli tasted better than it looks. Wanted to show you the consistency.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...