Thursday, March 3, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins


These are turkey meatloaf muffins. I wanted to share these with you that I found at Jaime Eason's Website. She is a well known body builder and she has a couple wonderful recipes on her site. I would check them out.

Below are the ingredients I used:

1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme, ground
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp of Ms. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning (this does the trick to these)
1 tsp salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 cloves minced garlic
1 small diced onion
2 stalks of celery, diced
3 egg whites ( I used 4 large egg whites)
1 - 2 pounds ground turkey, can use chicken or beef too

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix all of the ingredients well.  Do not over mix though. She talks about this in the video. Spray muffin pan and then put large ball about the size of tennis (maybe just a little smaller) in each tin and then bake for 40 minutes. Makes 12 - 18 depending on size.

I love this recipe because you can actually add any vegetables that you would like. I think the onion and celery and ground turkey remind me of thanksgiving. They are so, so good and truly filling. She states women can eat two but I can only eat one at a time.

Check out her site for the calorie information. It is really low. You will love these. I also wrapped them individually in aluminum foil and placed in a freezer ziplock and froze for the week. They are great to take to work and pop in the toaster oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...