Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Curried Lentils From Someone Special

This post is contributed by Kimberly Parker.  I have to give a little background about Kimberly from my perspective.  I would not be doing this blog if it wasn't for her.  She was the one that hooked me up with these bags of organic fruits and vegetables each week from a cooperative years ago.

The thing that is so important about these bags is that you never knew what you were getting each week but this was the greatest part for me because it made me try new things.  I will also say that she always amazed me because she was and I am still sure, a planner when it comes to food.  She would plan what she was going to eat for the week and then shop.  I had been doing things so backward and still sometimes do now.  I have learned so much from her and I am forever grateful.

Below is one of her recipes and I am going to give it a try because I have never cooked lentils but this sounds delicious and easy.




Curried Lentils

48 ounces chicken stock (or water with bouillon)
2 TBS minced garlic
Oregano, Ground Red Pepper and Ground Curry
(add all of these to taste)
1 diced onion
1 bag baby carrots
1 diced celery heart
1 bag lentils
2 cups brown rice

Bring all ingredients, except rice, to a boil then simmer for 40 minutes on low to medium low. Meanwhile, cook rice in separate pan according to directions.




Serve lentils over rice and enjoy! I think this is a great recipe if you are vegetarian or vegan. Thanks again Kimberly for this recipe and getting me hooked on fruits and veggies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...