Sunday, August 12, 2012

Eating Clean 7 Day Challenge

I returned from vacation a little over a week ago and I will tell you that I did not eat the greatest while on vacation or since I have returned. I know this happens to all of us but I will tell you that it really has made me not feel good since I have returned. I have a bit of a gluten intolerance and I ate bread, pasta, and lots of other goodies while I was home and my stomach has been paying for it.

So I decided at the end of last week to get back on track by completing a seven day challenge of eating clean. If you are not familiar with this term, check out Eat Clean Diet or Clean Eating Magazine. I got out my Clean Eating books and magazines and went to work on getting some motivation and my mouth was drooling by all the good eats.

I did some meal planning on Saturday and the today went to the grocery store and bought lots of goodies. Here are some of the items I purchased.



Meats:

Ground turkey
Tyson's grilled & ready chicken breasts (trying these for the first time)

Dairy:

Yogurt
Almond Milk
Coconut Milk
Cheese (Laughing cow)

Fruits:

Plums
Peaches
Strawberries
Bananas

Veggies:

Celery
Salad Mix
Zucchini
Squash
Peppers
Sweet Potatoes
Pre-made salads

Misc:

Walnuts
Dark Chocolate Chips
Natural Peanut Butter
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Brown Rice

After I purchased all of my groceries and got everything home, I washed and cut up all my fruits and veggies so they would be ready to use. Also I grilled chicken and browned three pounds of ground turkey, some for me and some for my dog Chloe. Yes, she is spoiled. I cooked rice and roasted veggies.  I also boiled six eggs for breakfast. I have been very bad about eating breakfast. I also made oatmeal.  Packed everything into glass containers. I am trying not to use plastic. Now I am ready for the week.



I am going to try and do a blog post everything with pictures of my meals. This way you can see what I ate and I can keep track too.  I also will discuss my workout plans in another post. I am hoping that this will jump start my weight loss again because I have been at a plateau.

One last thing, wish me luck because I am also trying to not drink any sodas.  This will be the hardest part!


1 comment:

  1. very good looking food and so good for you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...