Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tip Me: Rose Syrup

Now that it is getting cold, I love to drink tea in the evenings and one of my new favorite ones is hot rose milk tea.

This was not my invention but something I always get at one of my favorite Norman restaurants, TEA Cafe. I like getting this rose milk tea but like Starbucks, it can get expensive.  So on my last visit I asked them if they sold the tea and they said no.  However, they told me how they make it and I was very surprised.


They use a rose syrup for the flavor and add this to either green or black tea. They also add non-dairy creamer to give it the milky flavor. Well once they told me this, I went home and started Googling rose syrup which I found on Amazon. I ordered it right away and have been so glad that I did because now I can make my favorite tea at home and save some money.


This syrup is great in tea, sparkling water, vodka, or anything else you can imagine.  It has a very light but sweet taste so you do not need a lot of it.

I was checking out health benefits for rose petals and there are many but the one that intrigued me the most is that the smell of rose has a calming effect.  I could relate to this because when I drink this tea or just smell it, it calms me down.





2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added you to my blog list! I need to go back and read the rest of your posts. This one sounds interesting. I need to check out the rose syrup.

    Stop in at applejacklane.blogspot.com to read a little about your Virginia relatives.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...