Saturday, July 30, 2011

7 Day Slim Down Day 1

Well I have made it through Day 1 of the Tone It Up 7 day slim down.  I was not sure what to expect but it wasn't that hard at all. First Chloe and I got out for a 30 minute walk.


I felt really great after this walk and was ready for the day.  Next came Meal 1 which was called the slim down scramble. This consists of spinach, mushrooms, and egg whites with Ms Dash.  It really calls for tomatoes but I did not have them. I also forgot to buy spinach so I used some frozen chopped spinach. I actually liked it better. Eat this with a big glass of water. I also made coffee with almond milk but this will be something I have to get used to because I usually like my coffee with heavy cream.





Meal 2 consists of fruit.  Supposed to be a grapefruit but I used the remaining strawberries that I had on hand.  I did not want them to go bad.  


Also something that they taught me is to add fruit to your water.  I have loved this because sometimes you just get tired of drinking plain water.  Today I added strawberries and limes.


Meal 3 was a huge salad which I put zuchinni, squash, mushrooms, and topped it with leftover turkey burger.  I also added some Raspberry Vinagrette.  I am not a fan of dressing at all but do not mind this one.  It actually was very good on this salad.  


I next went to the pool.  It is really hot in Oklahoma this year but I love the pool.  This gave me a chance to do the second part of my exercise.  I did laps and water walking for 30 plus minutes.  



Meal 4 came after the pool. I loved this one. I made a Mocha Chocolate Protein Shake. Just take 1/2 cup of water, scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tsp of instant coffee, and 5 ice cubes. Blend away.  It is so good. Like a Frappuccino.


Meal 5 included fish, zucchini, mushrooms, and squash cooked in a foil packet.  I added a little bit of Ms. Dash, olive oil, and chicken stock.


I also want to mention that I went ahead and cut up mushrooms, zucchini, and squash so that it is already ready for tomorrow's meals.  I have learned that if I do this, I am more apt to use them.  




Meal 6 was a little greek yogurt topped with stevia, cinnamon, and slivered almonds. I LOVE greek yogurt and this was a great way to end my day of food.  



To wrap up everything. I would say I have gotten about nine cups of fruit and veggies into my meals today. That is great. Way more than the recommended serving amounts. I also feel pretty full today. I will say that I was extremely tired though. Might be the heat.

Well until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...