Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cooler Tips

I am sure that a lot of people are returning home today from the long holiday weekend or maybe still out shopping, so I wanted to share a tip that I find helpful.

When I was younger I did not really eat fruit and veggies much but had a bad snack food habit.  Actually I still do but I have learned that if I am prepared with healthy snacks, I will not stop and grab a bag of chips.  So the operative word here is prepared.  Make sure before you go out the door, you stock a cooler with healthy snack items.

I am sure that you probably have leftover vegetables from a vegetable tray that you prepared for Thanksgiving so use these items to stock your cooler. Add carrots, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, celery, peppers, apples, string cheese, Laughing Cow Cheese, nuts, protein bars, ranch dressing, or anything else that you like.  Make sure you add bottled water or some drinks and you will be set.

One hint I will give you is buy a cooler with a plastic insert. This makes the cooler easy to clean.  I purchased mine at Walmart.  The link will take you to one similar to mine which I really like.  Have fun and safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...