Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spaghetti Please

One of my favorite dishes is spaghetti.  It is extremely easy to make and usually everyone likes spaghetti.  I have made spaghetti for years using the McCormick spaghetti seasoning packets and it turns out delicious and cooks up in minutes.  Well last night I asked myself how can I get some more vegetables into the dish.  I had a lot left over from a recent party and did not want them to go to waste so I added them to the spaghetti sauce.

In order to start the spaghetti, you will need a couple of ingredients,  seasoning packet and tomato paste.  You also need water and spaghetti.  However to make it even more tasty I usually add ground turkey.  Substitutions can include ground beef, soy crumbles, or anything else you would like to add.  This time I also added mushrooms and red bell pepper but lots of vegetables would be great in this dish.



I chopped up mushrooms and a red bell pepper and sautéed them in a little bit of olive oil.  Then I added the ground turkey and browned it.  Once the meat is browned, you just need to add water, the seasoning packet, and the tomato paste and simmer.  




This is your final product.  A pan of delicious spaghetti.  Everyone's favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...