Saturday, November 20, 2010

Organizing 101: Grocery Store


Going to the grocery store can be intimidating if you do not know much about fruits and vegetables but the thing that helped me, was trying new things.  Also I learned that you have to try some vegetables and fruits a couple times or in various cooking methods to really appreciate them.

One thing that I have learned when shopping is to bring grocery bags with me so that I will not end up with millions of plastic bags.  Also make sure if you buy reusable bags, you use them and clean them often. They can harbor germs if you put certain items in them. I definitely do not put meats in my bags. I will use plastic bags for any meat.  



It helps when you are eating fruits and vegetables, that you are getting a variety of color in your items.  I actually eat by color a lot of times now. I will have a green salad with red and yellow pepper, and mushrooms. This way I have gotten four different colors into my meal. The colors on fruits and vegetables can represent different vitamins and minerals too. I will talk later about this.


Also make sure you are buying in season or buying vegetables and fruit locally. This helps decrease the carbon footprint on the environment plus it is CHEAPER! However, if you are craving something that is not in season and want it, buy it, and enjoy!

I also wanted to give a plug for the bag in my shopping cart. I just started selling Thirty-One products and if you are not familiar with them, please check out my website, http://www.mythirtyone.com/kristiwright/ and view the catalog.  I would ove to share the products with you and answer any questions. I just found these products about a month ago and have fallen in love with them because they are nice looking, sturdy, and reasonably priced. Make a comment or email me.

What helps you at the grocery store? Let others and I know. I know there are great tips out there.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. You inspire me to eat more fruits and veggies. Keep up the posts for me and others who need them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...