Sunday, January 16, 2011

Smoothie Anyone?

Today seems like a very lazy Sunday so I did not want to cook but needed something to eat and decided on a smoothie. These are such a great way to get fruit and veggies into your diet. Kids even love them.  So lets make a smoothie.

Get out all of your ingredients. This is the best part because you can choose anything. However, I do recommend adding some protein power to the smoothie. It will help with digestion, slows it down and helps you feel fuller longer. I usually add some wheat germ and flax seed but I did not have any so I am just adding bee pollen. I also am using coconut milk (this is really good stuff, just tried it), frozen berries, and a ripe banana.

Put all of your ingredients in your blender and I usually shake all the ingredients up once the blade is on because it helps when mixing. On a side note, I definitely recommend this blender. There are many different brands out there but these are great for quick jobs and so easy to clean.  This is a GE model that I got at Walmart for under $20. I cannot live without it now.
 Once everything is mixed up, then pour it in a glass.
Enjoy your smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...