Sunday, August 7, 2011

7 Day Slim Down Review

I finished the Tone It Up 7 Day Slim Down this past week and wanted to review the plan.  I had lots of success on the plan by losing 4 pounds.  The main benefits from the plan that I learned are:

1) Drink your water. Add fruit if needed but get at least 90 ounces in a day.  It really is easier than you think.

2) Make the majority of your plate, fruit and veggies.  You will find yourself eating less calories and becoming full by doing this.

3) Try new products.  If you do not like something, try something else.  I used to stick to the same veggies but now I branch out and try new ones.

4) Also use tools that make it easier to cook or eat.  I found water bottles that I love and non-stick pans that made cooking and clean up a breeze.  If it is easier to eat healthy, I bet you will do it.

5) Plan.  I did have one mess up eating the wrong thing because I did not review the plan for the day but it was not a big deal.  I just went back and re-read everything.  I also created a board to help me plan my days which made life so much easier.

6) Find exercise that you enjoy.  I went to the pool and did laps because I love the water.  I didn't feel like I was exercising.  I also started listening to audio books on tape while I walked.  This helped me to increase my distance because my mind was stimulated too.

7) Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.  I started doing these videos and I know that I do not look the best but I love that it is a record of my journey.

8) Last but not least, get a support system.  I love Tone It Up support on twitter.  I have found so many others that tweet their success about Tone It Up or another plan and learn from them.  There are definitely other people out there like you and I know that would be glad to help if you just ask.

So here is a video to wrap up my review.  Enjoy.



6 comments:

  1. That is a really interesting post. I really like the video "confessional". It was old-school Real World. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Sounds like it was an eating clean diet. Yay for FOUR pounds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tony. The videos are fun. Janet, yes very eating clean diet. I think this is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your four pounds!
    You will hae to keep us updated on your progress. Love your doggie in the background of the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...