Sunday, August 28, 2011

Warm Triple Berry Sauce

I am going to Peru soon so I am trying to eat all the goodies in my refrigerator and freezer. This morning I got up trying to figure out what to eat for breakfast because I am pretty much out of fruit.  However, I have a bag of frozen blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.  So I got the idea to make homemade waffles with a berry sauce. They turned out delicious and I have breakfast for several days.


This sauce is so easy to make.  Below is the recipe:

1 cup frozen berries (your choice)
2 packets of stevia or sweetener of your choice
2 TBS cold water
1 TBS cornstarch

Put the berries in a pot over low to medium heat. Do not add the water. Liquid will form when the fruit starts to thaw. When the berries start to thaw, add your sweetener. Then cook for about 5 minutes until berries are thawed and sweetener is dissolved.

Next whisk together the cold water and cornstarch until dissolved. Then add to the berry mixture and stir until thickened. Try and keep berries whole.

You can double or triple the recipe. Use as a topping on anything. I put this on waffles but it would also be good on angel food cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...