1. Pumpkins. I love pumpkins for decorating, eating, or drinking. A couple of items I love with pumpkin is Pumpkin Spice Latte, here is my recipe. I also tried a new recipe for Slow Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal that is delicious. One other thing I enjoy snacking on is Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
2. Decorations. I usually never decorate my house but do in the fall. The pumpkins and mums immediately are purchased and placed in my front yard. I love the fabrics of fall, the Halloween Decorations, plus the colors of fall. So beautiful.
3. Parents Visiting. Once a year my parents drive out and spend about a week and a half with me. They live on the east coast and I do not get to see them much so this is a great chance for me to enjoy them and enjoy lots of activities with each one of them. I smile because we always stand in front of the house the morning that they are leaving to take pictures. Here are a couple.
4. Football. As I stated above I work for The University of Oklahoma. If you know anything about college football, you have heard of the Sooners. Living in a football town, you really MUST love football. It is all around you with cars, people, and the noises. I love it. I was lucky this year and went to a game with my dad where we sat on the 50 yard line. Such great memories. Also this year I am in a Fantasy Football league with my dad and brothers. It is so much fun calling them and talking football.
5. Fashion. I love the boots, the bags, the layers, and getting to wear jeans. I love wrapping up in a warm comfortable sweater. I love the colors and In Style magazine September Issue feels like it could weigh you down with all the fashion. Check it out.
6. Activities. There are a million activities to attend. Fall Festivals, Football, Golf Tournaments, Apple Picking, Haunted Houses, Homecoming, National Weather Center Open House, and many more.
7. Walks. I walk about 360 out of 365 days in a year. Walks are wonderful this time of year because the mornings are cooler and so are the nights. The sky is amazing with lots and lots of stars and I just could gaze for hours. I feel this chill in the air and get to wrap up in gloves and a warm hat. Plus my dog that is covered in fur, bounces down the street.
8. New TV. I really do not watch TV because I do not have cable but there are so many new shows and old favorites that I eventually try to catch up on in the fall on Netflix or Hulu because I end up staying indoors more.
9. Books. I love reading this time of year. Since it is getting colder I do stay inside more than usual and I love to sit on the couch and read. Also reading outside by a fire on the weekends. I set up a challenge this year to read 100 books and so far I have read 54. Fall is a time for me to catch up because I am 25 books behind for this time of the year. Follow me on Goodreads.com.
10. Cooking. My mind starts racing on food this time of year. I want to bake apple pies and cook everything in the Crockpot. I want to try new recipes and eventually try canning vegetables and maybe make some jam.