Thursday, February 10, 2011

Are You Chicken?

I have never been good at cooking chicken.  Maybe because I am sort of afraid of it when it is raw.  I am definitely a snob when it comes to eating chicken because I only buy boneless chicken breasts.  Even then I am horrible about fixing them because I overcook them.  So recently I found a great way to cook chicken and there is NO THAWING involved.

The hardest part of this recipe is getting out your ingredients. These include: frozen chicken, chicken broth, and seasoning.  You can use any type of seasoning you would like. I love this Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb grill seasoning. It gives the chicken a great flavor. Use Ms Dash if you are watching your sodium intake.  Also use low sodium chicken broth if needed. You will also notice that I use chicken bouillon cubes because I use a lot of chicken broth ad these are cheap.

So you are going to put your FROZEN breasts in your slow cooker. I put six in at a time and then add the broth and seasonings. I use about 2 TBS but mostly just eye it.

Then cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours on high and then 1 -2 more if needed on low. I usually take out two breasts early when I can stick a fork in them and they are almost ready to fall apart. These you can eat now or save to eat during the week.

Then the others I will pull out and put in a glass dish and pull them apart with two forks to shred the meat.  This meat I use for various recipes during the week and store in the refrigerator with a little bit of broth poured over the meat.  The meat actually sits in the juice while you store it.  This helps keep it moist. You can also refreeze for later but I think you will find you want to eat this chicken.

The next couple of days, I am going to share some recipes that I use this chicken in and having it already fixed makes these recipes very easy.  So check back later.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to roast a whole chicken. Make a butter paste with herbs, garlic or your favorite seasoning... then rub it all over the chicken and most importantly UNDER THE SKIN. Put apples, onions, garlic herbs in the core... even try a lemon and let it roast for about an hour to an hour and a half or until the thermometer says the right temp for poultry. Turns out really good!

    No fail chicken. Chicken breast pound out and then put on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Always done and juicy. Try panko crumbs--yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...