Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shredded Chicken, What's Next

In a recent post I did Are You Chicken? I showed you how I cook shredded chicken.  Ok now that you have this chicken, how can you use it. These are two of my favorites.  

First is a Mexican Chicken Salad in a toasted taco shell. However if you are watching calories, skip the shell.


You will need any ingredients you like but I use the following:

huge amount of lettuce
corn kernels
roasted peppers
black beans
shredded chicken

Then I top with a lime dressing that I make out of olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. You can also use salsa or salsa and sour cream mixed. Use whatever you have on hand.  

This salad is so light and filling.












Another great idea is Chicken Nachos. These are so good and also filling.



I use the following:

tortilla chips (love the On The Border ones)
shredded chicken
black beans
mexican cheese
sour cream

But once again you can add so many different toppings, salsa, jalapenos, or roasted red peppers.









I will post some more recipes later but wanted to share these now. How do you use shredded chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...