Friday, February 18, 2011

Oranges, Oranges, and More Oranges

I have had an orange sitting on my desk since Monday and I keep telling myself I am going to eat it.  The main reason that it has sat there is because oranges are not easy to eat and I am still not crazy about them.  Believe it or not, I had never eaten an actual orange until about 3 years ago. They always intimidated me.  Funny huh, an orange as a bully.





I love the smell and the taste but I have trouble with the pith and the work it takes to eat them. So I thought I would do some posts about varieties of oranges to get me more familiar with them and also ask for advice from you about how you eat them.

No one truly knows where the orange originated but there are now over 600 varieties of oranges.  I had no idea that there were this many varieties until I started doing some research on oranges.  The next couple of postings I am going to talk about some of the varieties of oranges.  What is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. naval oranges....I love the way the thick peel holds in all the delicious flavor and juice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...