Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Perk Me Up

I live in Oklahoma and we have had more snow in the past 10 days than we have had in history.  Plus brutal wind chills which makes going outside not fun. Before all this snow we had such a dry fall and early winter.   All these elements have created havoc on my skin and made me very tired.  So I thought I would share a homemade face and body scrub that will give your skin a perk up.

This coffee scrub will give dull skin a pick-me-up and the caffeine in the coffee beans will reduce puffiness.




Most everyone probably has the ingredients already in their house.  You will need:

1 cup of ground coffee
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of olive oil



You are going to take all of these ingredients and mix them together.  After mixing together, you will want to store the scrub in an air tight container in a cool, dry place for up to two months.

The scrub will have a grainy feel.  While in the shower, massage the scrub over clean, damp skin, then rinse, and pat dry.



Remember if you use it on your face, be EXTRA gentle.

One bonus about this scrub is that it smells great and might even perk you up.  Give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, and you're right, I have all these ingredients in my pantry. I need only invest in an airtight container.

    Oh, and you made a funny....."might even perk you up"--Perk, as in coffee...percolator...oh, geez, I crack myself up sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...