Friday, September 27, 2013

Tone It Up Frisky Fall Challenge Day 4

Today my eating and exercise was pretty much the same so this post will be short. I do want to share with you my favorite fall breakfast, pumpkin oatmeal. I actually did another post about this dish and you can find it here. I will say the more I make this I realize I like it as it sits in the refrigerator for a couple days. It gets really creamy. Plus it is so easy to make because you do it in the slow cooker. Hope you will try the recipe.


1 can pumpkin or 3 cups fresh pumpkin (peeled, seeded and cut into chunks)

5 cups water
1 and a 1/2 cups steel cut oatmeal
1/4 cup agave syrup or sweetener of your choice
1 TBS brown sugar (I omitted this time because I do not like my oatmeal sweet)
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients very well in slow cooker.  Cook overnight for 6- 8 hours on low.  Will come out very creamy and delicious after stirring in morning.  I added unsweetened coconut and pecans. This recipe is 4 points on Weight Watchers and with the added toppings a total of 6. This is based on how much I added to mine.

This recipe makes a lot, around 8 cups so cut in half if needed but I am going to try and freeze some for later use.  I also am going to try freezing in an ice cube tray to add flavor to yogurt.  Will let you know the results in a later post.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...